A Superb Digital Piano for Your Home
The Yamaha Clavinova CLP-635 wraps an authentic piano playing experience into a decor-friendly traditional package. A Graded Hammer GH3X keybed, synthetic ivory/ebony keytops, and escapement ensure that you'll delight to the touch of this superb digital piano. The piano voices are sourced from premium, hand-selected Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial concert grands. Listen to the CLP-635's binaurally sampled Yamaha CFX through headphones, or feel the full-bodied resonance of Virtual Resonance Modeling through the onboard stereo speaker system. Either way, the CLP-635 delivers realistic grand piano sound at any volume. There's even an onboard 16-track recorder to capture your inspiration.
CLP-600 Series Overview
A wealth of new features provides the finest Clavinova experience ever
The Yamaha Clavinova CLP-635 provides an unbelievable piano experience. In addition to the synthetic ivory keytops that were featured on earlier models, the CLP-635 now sports synthetic ebony keytops as well, so the entire keybed feels amazing. The onboard sounds have been expanded from 34 to 36 voices, and the binaurally sampled Yamaha CFX grand piano sounds stunning through headphones. Virtual Resonance Modeling makes your CLP-635 vibrate and reverberate like a real acoustic piano, while a Stereophonic Optimizer elevates your sound to the next level when using headphones. If you'd like to fill out your arrangements and hone your timing, built-in drum rhythm patterns are right at your fingertips. And to top off all the great new features, Yamaha even improved the front-panel printing for easier reading.
Real Grand Expression gives you the experience of playing an acoustic grand
The authentic feel and response of a real acoustic piano — the Clavinova CLP-635 delivers it. Yamaha calls it Real Grand Expression — and they should know. They've been perfecting their piano-making craft for over a century, and their grand pianos are standard equipment in top studios and on premier concert stages worldwide. Packed with unique, expertly integrated Yamaha technologies, the Clavinova CLP-635 delivers renowned expressive capability as it precisely executes your nuanced musical intent through the responsive touch of its keys and the feel of its pedals. As you play, you'll revel in the experience of playing an acoustic grand piano.
Graded Hammer GH3X keybed delivers stunningly realistic playing feel
Yamaha's Graded Hammer GH3X key action gives you incredibly realistic grand piano touch and response. Fitted with the same hammer system and springless mechanism as a grand piano, GH3X keyboard action gives all keys an authentic resistance that increases from the top register to the lower — just as on an actual acoustic piano. This means that you can pound out thunderous low notes with your left hand on the Clavinova CLP-635 and let the fingers on your right dance on the high notes. It also features Yamaha's 3-sensor technology, which accurately senses and interprets the behavior of the keyboard for superbly realistic feel and response. The GH3X keyboard features an escapement mechanism that gives you the feel of an acoustic piano as it goes through the let-off of the jack and the fall of the hammer when a key is played very softly. Add to that the superb feel of Yamaha's synthetic ivory keytops, which mimic the tactile surface of the ivory keyboards once used in only the finest pianos. Yamaha uses a highly absorbent material that gives you the ideal texture and feel, while preventing your fingers from slipping even after hours of performing.
The superb sound of the world's finest concert grand pianos
The Clavinova CLP-635 grand piano voices are sourced from premium, hand-selected Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial concert grand pianos tuned to perfection by top professional piano tuners. Only then were the sounds meticulously sampled in varying velocities, for a stunningly realistic grand piano sound with smooth tonal transformations perfectly matched to key pressure. From staccato to legato, you get superbly expressive sound that responds beautifully to your touch. Featuring Yamaha's Smooth Release technology, CLP-635 gives you realistic crisp staccatos and luxurious legatos, for nuanced response just like a real grand piano.
Full-bodied resonance, just like an acoustic piano
In a process analogous to that of an acoustic piano, the Clavinova's body materials and speaker positioning are meticulously calibrated to ensure that the instrument resonates optimally. To achieve a sonic image uncannily close to a grand piano's, the CLP-635 employs tone escape ports in multiple locations throughout the cabinet; this allows the sound from the speakers to be projected naturally to the listener's ears without getting trapped inside the instrument. The body of the CLP-635 has Acoustic Optimizers that control tone and regulate the flow of sound, for natural, smooth sonic richness across the entire keyboard range.
Instantly record your ideas with the built-in song recorder
The Yamaha CLP-635 has a 16-track, 250-song recorder to capture your creativity. When it's time to share your music, simply record your performances to a USB flash memory device as a WAV audio file. With 16 tracks and the CLP-635's 34 high-quality instrument Voices, you can build up complex arrangements for compelling demos or to flesh out your song ideas.
Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC) is ideal for playing at home
You can't always rock out at home without disturbing your family or roommates. Of course, the Yamaha CLP-635 sports dual headphone outputs, but for those occasions when you prefer not to use 'phones, the CLP-635 lets you adjust your speaker volume while compensating for the loss of bass and treble you get at lower levels. Yamaha calls it Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC); we call it brilliant. IAC acts like the "Loudness" contour on vintage hi-fi receivers, boosting highs and lows at lower volumes so you enjoy balanced sound at any setting.
Which Clavinova is right for you?
Yamaha's Clavinova line offers a digital piano solution for any budget and situation. If you're having a hard time figuring out which Clavinova is right for you, check out our in-depth buying guide, where we outline the differences between the models.
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-635 Features:
- Synthetic ivory/ebony keytops (previous models had synthetic ivory and matte black keytops) for authentic piano feel
- 36 Voices (expanded from 34) make crafting beautiful-sounding arrangements easy
- Binaural Yamaha CFX sample that sounds stunning through headphones
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) vibrates and reverberates like a real acoustic piano
- Yamaha CFX and Bösendorfer Imperial grand piano samples
- Stereophonic Optimizer elevates your sound to the next level when using headphones
- Drum rhythm patterns to hone your timing and fill out your arrangements
- Improved panel printing makes it easier to read
- Graded Hammer 3 (GH3X) 88-note keyboard action with escapement
- Acoustic Optimizer technology
- Smooth Release, Key-Off, and Damper Resonance samples
- Traditional upright design with front legs and Yamaha logo
- 5-year parts and labor, in-home limited warranty
- Real Grand Expression (RGE) sound engine; 256-note polyphony; dual-layer capability
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC); DSP Smooth Release
- Onboard reverb effects (4 types)
- 16-track, 250-song recorder; 303 lesson songs
- Soft, sostenuto, and damper pedals; half-damper effect
- USB MIDI for connection to your computer
- Metronome; dual headphone outs
- Expand your musical horizons with Yamaha apps for iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
- Matching bench, music rest, and key cover included
- Tech Specs
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type of Keys: Weighted, Graded Keys with Escapement
- Touch Sensitivity: Fixed, Soft1/2, Medium, Hard1/2
- Presets: 36 voices - Yamaha CFX, CFX Binaural, Bosendorfer Imperial
- Polyphony: 256 Notes
- Effects Types: 6 x Reverb, 3 x Chorus, Brilliance, Intelligence Acoustic Control, Sterephonic Optimizer
- Song Playback: 50 preset songs, 19 voice demo songs, 303 lesson songs (SMF format)
- Recording: 16-track, 250 songs (1.5MB total, 500KB per song, SMF format), WAV recording/playback (USB)
- Storage: USB Flash Drive
- Metronome: Yes
- Audio Inputs: 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4"
- USB: 1 x Type B, 1 x Type A
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/Thru/USB
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4"
- Number of Pedals: 3 (damper, sostenuto, soft, sustain, expression, pitch, rotary, play/pause)
- Built-in Speakers: 2 x 6.3"
- Amplifier: 2 x 30W
- Display: LCD
- Bench/Stand Included: Yes
- Power Source: 16V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 36.62"
- Width: 57.68"
- Depth: 18.06"
- Weight: 136 lbs. 11 oz.
- Manufacturer Part Number: CLP635PE
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.