An Ideal Digital Piano for Your Home
The Yamaha Clavinova CLP-625 is an ideal digital piano for your home, giving you stunningly realistic playing feel and sound in a decor-friendly traditional package. With its Graded Hammer 3X keybed and synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, you'll delight to the touch of this superb instrument. The grand piano voices are sourced from premium, hand-selected Yamaha CFX and Bosendorfer Imperial concert grands, and the cabinet is calibrated for full-body resonance in a proprietary process analogous to what a Yamaha acoustic piano receives. The result? Gloriously realistic grand piano sound at any volume. There's even an onboard song recorder that lets you capture your inspiration with the touch of a button. Grace your home with the superb Yamaha Clavinova CLP-625!
CLP-600 Series Overview
Real Grand Expression gives you the experience of playing an acoustic grand
The Clavinova CLP-625 delivers the authentic feel and response of a real acoustic piano. Yamaha calls it Real Grand Expression — and they should know. They've been perfecting their piano-making craft for over a century, and their grand pianos are standard equipment in top studios and on premier concert stages worldwide. Packed with unique, expertly integrated Yamaha technologies, the Clavinova CLP-625 delivers renowned expressive capability as it precisely executes your nuanced musical intent through the responsive touch of its keys and the feel of its pedals. As you play, you'll revel in the experience of playing an acoustic grand piano.
Graded Hammer 3X keybed delivers stunningly realistic playing feel
Yamaha's Graded Hammer 3X key action gives you incredibly realistic grand piano touch and response. Fitted with the same hammer system and springless mechanism as a grand piano, GH3X keyboard action gives all keys an authentic resistance that increases from the top register to the lower — just as on an actual acoustic piano. This means you can pound out thunderous low notes with your left hand and let the fingers on your right dance on the high notes. It also features Yamaha's 3-sensor technology, which accurately senses and interprets the behavior of the keyboard for superbly realistic feel and response. Yamaha has fitted Keyboard Stabilizers to all 88 keys, for a natural touch and improved keyboard stability and durability. The keys are constructed so that the support point is as far from the key tip as possible, improving your playability and comfort, even deep on the back of the key. Add to that the inimitable feel of Yamaha's synthetic ebony and ivory keytops, which mimic the tactile surface of keyboards once used in only the finest pianos. Yamaha uses a highly absorbent material that gives you the ideal texture and feel, while preventing your fingers from slipping even after hours of performing.
The inimitable sound of the world's finest concert grand pianos
The Clavinova CLP-625 grand piano voices are sourced from premium, hand-selected Yamaha CFX and Bosendorfer Imperial concert grand pianos tuned to perfection by top professional piano tuners. Only then were the sounds meticulously sampled in varying velocities, for a stunningly realistic grand piano sound with smooth tonal transformations perfectly matched to key pressure. From staccato to legato, you get superbly expressive sound that responds beautifully to your touch. Featuring Yamaha Smooth Release technology, as well as Key-Off and String Resonance samples, the CLP-625 gives you realistic crisp staccatos and luxurious legatos, for nuanced response just like a real grand piano.
Full-body resonance, just like an acoustic piano
In a process analogous to that of an acoustic piano, the Clavinova's body materials and speaker positioning are meticulously calibrated to ensure that the instrument resonates optimally. To achieve a sonic image uncannily close to a grand piano's, Clavinovas employ Yamaha's Tone Escapement in multiple locations throughout the cabinet; this allows the sound from the speakers to be projected naturally to the listener's ears without getting trapped inside the instrument. The body of the CLP-625 has Acoustic Optimizers that control tone and regulate the flow of sound, for natural, smooth sonic richness across the entire keyboard range.
Instantly record your ideas with the built-in song recorder
The Yamaha CLP-625 rocks a recording function that lets you record your performances in Standard MIDI File (SMF) format with a single touch — quite useful when you want to review your playing objectively. What's more, you can record up to two tracks for simultaneous playback, so your hands can be recorded separately, or you can overdub parts with different voices.
Intelligent Acoustic Control is ideal for playing at home
You can't always rock out at home without disturbing your family or roommates. Of course, the Yamaha CLP-625 sports dual headphone outputs, but for those occasions when you prefer not to use headphones, the CLP-625 lets you adjust your speaker volume while compensating for the loss of bass and treble you get at lower levels. Yamaha calls it Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC); we call it brilliant. IAC acts like the "Loudness" contour on vintage hi-fi receivers, boosting highs and lows at lower volumes so you enjoy balanced sound at any setting.
Which Clavinova is right for you?
Yamaha's Clavinova line offers a digital piano solution for any budget and situation. If you're having a hard time figuring out which Clavinova is right for you, check out our in-depth buying guide, where we outline the differences between the models.
Yamaha Clavinova CLP-625 Digital Piano Features:
- Yamaha CFX and Bosendorfer Imperial piano samples
- Graded Hammer 3X (GH3X) 88-note keyboard action
- Synthetic ebony and ivory and matte black key tops
- Real Grand Expression (RGE) technology
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC)
- Acoustic Optimizer technology
- Key-Off, String Resonance, Smooth Release, and Damper Resonance samples
- Yamaha CFX Binaural sample (for use with headphones)
- Traditional upright design with front legs and Yamaha logo
- 5-year parts and labor, in-home limited warranty
- RGE sound engine; 256-note polyphony; dual-layer capability
- Intelligent Acoustic Control; DSP Smooth Release
- Stereophonic Optimizer
- Onboard reverb effects (4 types)
- Onboard song recorder; 50 preset songs
- Soft, sostenuto, and damper pedals; half-damper effect
- USB MIDI for connection to your computer
- Metronome; dual headphone outs
- Expand your musical horizons with Yamaha apps for iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
- Music rest; key cover, bench, and headphone hanger included
- Tech Specs
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type of Keys: Weighted, Graded Keys with Escapement
- Touch Sensitivity: Fixed, Soft, Medium, Hard
- Presets: 10 voices - Yamaha CFX, CFX Binaural, Bosendorfer Imperial
- Polyphony: 256
- Effects Types: 4 x Reverb, Intelligence Acoustic Control, Sterephonic Optimizer
- Song Playback: 50 preset songs, 10 voice demo songs, SMF format
- Recording: 2-track, 1 song (900KB total, 100KB per song)
- Metronome: Yes
- USB: 1 x Type B (to host)
- MIDI I/O: USB
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4"
- Number of Pedals: 3 (damper, sostenuto, soft)
- Built-in Speakers: 2 x 3.9"
- Amplifier: 2 x 20W
- Display: Not available
- Bench/Stand Included: Yes
- Power Source: 16V DC power supply (included)
- Height: 32.75"
- Width: 53.25"
- Depth: 16.3"
- Weight: 99 lbs. 3 oz.
- Manufacturer Part Number: CLP625PE
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.