The 6-string Martin DXMAE acoustic-electric guitar features Martin’s famous D-14 platform, dreadnought body design. The dreadnought was crafted to produce a powerful, rich sound that is perfect for the singer songwriter, as well as the professional touring and studio musician. The top, back, and sides is constructed using Martin’s famous FSC Certified HPL. For added tone and volume, the top is articulately braced with sitka spruce, in a 5/16 in. scalloped X-bracing pattern. The DXMAE has a powerful, rich tone, with all the sustain you have come to expect from a Martin guitar.
The mortise-and-tenon neck joint ensures solid construction of the guitar, with optimal resonant tone, while eliminating drop-off in the finer dynamics. The Martin guitar's laminate birch neck is a multilayered wood creation, using bonding layers of wood under extremely high pressure. The material is then carved and finished in a conventional manner. The end result is a very strong neck that provides definition and articulate sustain from note to note.
The modified low oval neck shape, 25.4 in. scale, 1-11/16 in. nut width, and 16 in. radius provide comfort and dexterity when performing intricate movements and progressions along the black Richlite fretboard.
This X Series Martin acoustic guitar comes compete with the Fishman Sonitone. The Fishman Sonitone features a soundhole-mounted preamp with rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a great acoustic guitar sound, right out of the box.
Case sold separately.
- Body type: D-14 Fret
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce Pattern HPL
- Back & sides: Mahogany Pattern HPL
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped X
- Body finish: Hand-rubbed
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modern low oval/PA taper
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Fingerboard: FSC Certified Richlite
- Neck wood: Rust Birch Laminate
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood HPL
- Tuning machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge: FSC Certified Richlite
- Saddle & nut: White Coriian, Compensated white tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Tonewoods
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Mexico
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.